In 2011, The Ford Motor Company’s Operation Goodwill Campaign helped raise more than $100,000 for the Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes! We applaud their efforts and thank them for their enthusiasm.
The JDRF/Ford 2012 partnership extends to the network of JDRF Family Walk teams once again.
How does their support impact JDRF Walk families?
Ford Dealerships have the unique opportunity to partner with a Walk Family Team through fundraising activities. The relationship fosters team spirit and friendship, connecting the Dealerships to those families living in their communities. The partnership also means dollars for JDRF to cure, treat, and prevent type 1 diabetes!
How Does the Family Team Sponsorship Work?
- Interested JDRF Family Teams must apply for a Dealership sponsorship and commit to raising a minimum of $1,500 through their own team fundraising efforts.
- Family Teams may be selected by a Dealership in their immediate area.
- Selected teams are responsible for raising money and acknowledging their Dealership partner in personal fundraising letters sent to family, friends, and community members.
- Recognize your dealership partner! Display the dealership name on family team t-shirts, in post-walk wrap-up letters, on day-of family team signs, etc.
- Say thanks! Family Teams should send a family team photo; visit the dealership post- Walk; present a personalized family "award".
What to Expect from a Ford Dealership Partner
- Select Ford dealerships will each select a Family Team from their area (teams announced in August).
- Dealerships have the option of hosting Family Team fundraising events.
- Ford dealerships will match the money raised by your Family Team - up to $1,500 or up to $2,500 depending on the dealer commitment and donations raised by your Team.
If your team is interested in this amazing opportunity, please complete the below application and return it to the JDRF Illinois office by Monday, July 16, 2012. We look forward to hearing from you! Please contact Kathy Altonji, JDRF Illinois Walk Manager, for more information at 312.423.7196 or
Click on the below flyer and application to download and print.